Wednesday 6 July 2011

Thing 4: current awareness

Before I started this cpd all my current awareness was through emails sent to me from staff, reading CILIP Update and some news items off the CILIP website.  I know that when you are doing your Chartership this is not enough but I have not had the inclination to join Twitter, this is because I never know what to write!!

However know I have had the push to do it I will try and keep up to date with it and checking it daily.  Most of the people I am following at the moment are library and information orientated, so I would mainly use this as a tool for current awareness.  I could not comment any further on this as I only have one tweet and not had much chance to see how long I can keep up looking everyday at this - more next week.

I have been using RSS and google reader for around 6 month but again I have not had many blogs I have been following, it was a tool to keep me up to date with CILIP information when I am not at work. Hopefully I will make better use of it now and be able to keep up to date with more blogs, and not just ones to do with work.

As for Pushnote I have not been able to try that as I am being allowed time at work to work through cpd23 and we only have IE not any of the others and even if we did I cannot download anything on my computer because I have not go the right permissions.  I will look at this at home and see how it work - I will keep you updated on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment