Monday 8 August 2011

Thing 12 - Putting the Social into Social Media

Can you think of any disadvantages of social media?

The main disadvantage that I can think of is that people have to many accounts with the different sites and cannot keep up-to-date with the information available.  I think that the best thing would be to look at only one or two.  It may be that colleagues look at other sites then we all share the information we have found.

Has cpd23 helped you make contact with others that you would not have had contact with otherwise?

I have not made contact with that many people from cpd23, but that is my own fault because I have not had the time to look at things from other people is as much detail as I would like.  However I can see that it can be good because you can learn from anyone anywhere in the world.

Did you already use social media for your career development before starting cpd23?  Will you keep using it after the programme has finished?

The only social media I used for my career development before cpd23 was blogging.  I used blogging for charting my experience throughout the Chartership process.  I will continue to do this even after completing my Chartership to keep my development up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment