Friday 26 August 2011

Thing 13 Google Docs, Wikis and Dropbox

Playing catch-up again, I seriously do not know where the time is going.  I have now had chance to look at this thing here are my thoughts.

i have not previously used any of these tools for sharing my documents, due to the fact that if I create a document that needs to have more than one author I can put it in a certain drive on my computer and anyone in the library service can have access to it.  This means that they can make any changes to the document, the only downside is that you do not get notified when some one has changed it unless they email you.  This is a plus for Google Docs.  However at the moment I think that I will not be using Google Docs for work. 

I have not used Dropbox because I can not download it on to my computer and due to the facts that are mentioned above I do not think it would be too useful at the moment.

The library service is in the process of setting up a wiki for staff to use to share information to all quickly. At the moment there is a monthly newsletter but it tends to be saying what has happened over the last month.  The wiki will be used to create a more immediate place to share information, notes etc can be added daily and news should get passed on a lot quicker. 

Out of all the tools we have looked at in this thing, the one I will probably use the most would be the wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment