Friday 5 August 2011

Thing 8 - Google Calander

I have used google calender in the past but I have just put things up and have not referred to them again.  Looking again at this I can see that I need to do more with it.  I have an iGoogle page so I have added the gadget to the page and have entered in the dates from my work diary for August.  This now means that when I am at home I can check what I am doing and which library I am at.  I have also shared it with my brother and I will see what he thinks of this, because I occasionally have to give him a lift to Telford and by looking at the calender he will know where I am.

Also I think that the calender will be a good idea for the library service because all the activities that are planned in the library could be added so that all staff know where things are happening.  This could be added to the wiki we are hoping to set up for staff so everybody will have access to it.  Planning events would be so much easier because you would only have to look at one calender instead of three or four.

No comments:

Post a Comment