Thursday 4 August 2011

Thing 7 Face-to-Face Networks and Professional Bodies

I have not got a lot of experience of professional organisations, maybe this is due to the fact that I am a relatively new professional.  I am a member of CILIP but I do not get actively involved, looking at what CILIP can do for me maybe this is the kick start I need to get involved. 

I having undertaking training with professional bodies for example I am currently working on my Chartership and I have attend a course run by the Schools Library Association.  I think that the best thing about professional bodies is that they can keep you from being to cut of from others in the same field and other fields as yourself, this is especially true for someone working as a School Librarian.

I need to get better at face-to-face networking and getting more out of professional bodies, instead of just relying on printed and online material.

No comments:

Post a Comment