Friday 2 September 2011

Thing 15: Attending, Presenting at and Organising Seminars, Confrences and Other Events

One professional event I have attended is a training day that was organised by the School Library Association (SLA). This was good because being a School Librarian can be a lonely job due to lone working. Even though the session was about e-resources it was good to talk to other delegates about all aspects of being a school librarian.

I have also attended termly meetings with the Schools Library Service in Shropshire. Again it was good to be able to talk to others that are in the same situation. we talked about areas of national topics and how we can use these campaigns in the library.

Earlier this year I applied for a sponsored place at Umbrella 11 through the CDG West Midlands group. Even though I was not successful it was good to go through the process and look at what seminars I would attend and the areas the wider profession is discussing.

I would like to attend more conferences in the future but at the moment I cannot think of which ones I would like to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment