Friday 9 September 2011

Thing 18: Jing/screen capture/podcsts (making & following them)

In the course of my work I have had to use screen shots to highlight areas, for example how to use Ancestry.  It has been good because you can annotate the pages, however the file that is created is very large.  Also for other people to use it the screen shots you either have to email it them or print it out.  Using a programme like Jing or screen-o-matic means we could create a short tutorial and put it onto the website and more people will be able to use them.

I think that podcasting is a good idea, for work it could be used as a way to promote books ie recording a book review, or to record talks that are given in the library.  These can then be out on the website for people to listen to.  The tool audacity is easy to use all I will need to do I practice with editing and uploading a file. This is because I have used this programme at church when we record the sermons. 

Both of these tools are a good way to promote the Library service.

No comments:

Post a Comment