Friday 30 September 2011

Thing 20: The library Routes Project

Looking at the blog posts people have submitted to the wiki Library Route Project page shows that my route into librarianship was different from most people. When i was young I did not consider librarianship as a career, even though I loved reading and regularly went to the library to change my books. However I did not stumble upon the career after university, it was while I was undertaking my work experience in Year 10 at school. Though it did take a lot of patience because I could not find any work in this area at first. I do recommend undertaking voluntary work in the library because this is how I gained my experience though it was very good to have help from those who were professionals.

My advice to anyone who wants a career in the information profession is to keep persevering because in the end it is a very rewarding career.

No comments:

Post a Comment