Friday 16 September 2011

Thing 19 Catch up week on intergrating things

From this programme I have gained a valuable insight to the tools that are available for library professional to use. Looking back over the tools we have used I think that some of them I may use but others I will not as we already have provision set up in work to be able to share documents for editing with other people. 

At this point in time the social media tool I am using the most at the moment is blogging. This is due to the fact that I blog everyday to document what I have been doing that day for my chartership. Even after I have finished my chartership I will continue to blog because I can capture my thoughts about what has been happening daily and I will have a record of what I have been doing if I need to look back on things.

The other tools that will be used at work are wiki's for disseminating information to staff and Facebook to engage with the online community. Though at the moment these are not set up yet. I am still fallowing people on twitter even though I am not tweeting. However I will try to use this resource more because it is very good to hear about what is happening in the library profession.

The other tools that have been discussed I will need to look at more to see if they will be any use to me in work.

No comments:

Post a Comment